Thoughts About Thought
Today I thought about thought. I can’t even describe how much it’s baffling me. What are thoughts? Nobody can see them or hear them or touch them, yet they constantly flow through every person’s mind every second they’re alive. Is it just because we have brains? I don’t like the idea that my thoughts rely on something so physical. Maybe the human brain controls body movement and emotions and everything chemical, but has nothing to do with pure thought. At least, that’s what I’d like to believe.
Earlier I wondered about what happens when things die. Anything from people and animals to trees and grass. Where do our minds go? Do our bodies die and leave behind our souls and thoughts as imprints on the world? But if that’s true, what will our minds do when the world ends? Will our thoughts just float in space forever?
Thinking about this kind of stuff makes me feel really small, but in a good way. I’m a miniscule part of this vast and endless universe. I’m tiny and barely noticeable in the greater whole, as is each individual, but every single person has a place. We all fit together on our own little speck within the universe. It’s so beautiful. How can anyone hate someone else or cause harm to another human being? How can there be things like murder and war? It doesn’t make sense to me, and sometimes I feel so ignorant because I don’t understand why the world refuses to achieve the unison it’s supposed to exist in and thrive upon.
All I want is to help bring back anything that the world may have lost over time, even if only the smallest difference is made. All I want is to make a difference. All I want is the sheer miracle of being. We should all just be. I think that would bring peace into everyone’s minds and souls. And that would fulfill me more than anything else on this planet, or within this universe…
Today I thought about thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment