Sunday, October 11, 2009

This is the Fall

I walked down the path with my head turned to the sky.
The stars shone a little bit brighter than before,
and still I didn’t know the reason why.

Faintly, I heard the opening of a door,
so I looked to the window and glowed.
The stars shone a little bit brighter than before.

I turned off the lamp and my thoughts slowed
and drifted away with the night.
So I looked to the window and glowed.

What did I see in a bird taking flight?
Its wings waved goodbye to the ground
and drifted away with the night.

My eyes treaded carefully upon the scene, not making a sound,
for from the corner of my eye I thought I saw the Fall.
Its wings waved goodbye to the ground.

In front of my eyes the trees grew twice as tall.
I climbed from my window onto a branch and sat,
for from the corner of my eye I thought I saw the Fall.

This is the Fall.
I walked down the path with my head turned to the sky.
I climbed from my window onto a branch and sat.
And still, I didn’t know the reason why.

No comments:

Post a Comment