Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Change

Sometimes my life blurs together, and I can no longer distinguish one moment from the next. Past melts into the present, and the future melds into the horizon. I feel amorphous. Definitions cease to exist and I find myself gazing at Time, sitting in front of me with its legs and arms crossed. Time is stubborn these days. I want it to do something. But it still sits there staring at me.

I sit with my arms and legs crossed and ignore the nagging feeling in the back of my mind. It is telling me that I have been stubborn these days. Time wants me to do something. But I still sit here staring at it.

The leaves around me are changing, each color unique, vibrant. I feel dull in comparison, wanting to change with them. I want to dance with the leaves when the wind carries them to the ground. I want to jump in a gigantic leaf pile and smell the fall air. For now I’ll just watch as the colors change.

I want something to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment